Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy

I really wanted to do a post on how I've been feeling lately. Mostly for "journal" purposes, since that is mostly what my blog is. This last year was super hard and we had lots of struggles, but I've moved on and tried to stay positive about things. Well it's 2011, and although I've stayed super busy and kind of crazy, I am now finally feeling very happy. I've always been happy, but this is a different kind. Any of my close friends and family members will know what I mean.
  • Well work hasn't changed much and honestly, I don't really enjoy either of my jobs that much, but I kind of just block it out when I'm there. Instead, I think about the weekend and all the fun things coming up...and that makes me happy.
  • I'm always trying to lose weight. It's seriously my biggest struggle. But, just recently I've lost 15 pounds and it feels great! I have much more to lose, but I think I can do it. I want to lose a lot more, but my goal is to lose 20 more pounds before our honeymoon. 15 pounds is a big number! And that makes me happy!
  • Speaking of honeymoon...Che and I finally booked it, as I mentioned in my last post. I think this has helped with my weight loss motivation. I still can't believe we're actually going. I can't wait to spend this time with Che. We've needed a trip like this for soooo long. It makes me so happy to know that in 2 months, we'll be on a Carribbean Cruise soaking up that wonderful sun...and that makes me sooo happy.
  • I can't believe I would feel this happy being an Aunt. I love it so much! I have the best nephew ever and another niece or nephew on the way! I secretly am hoping it's a niece :). I feel so blessed to be have Brycen in my life. And I can't wait for the newest addition in 6 months! It makes me so happy!
  • I know one day I will have a family of my own and I can't help but wonder all the time... What are my kids going to look like? Will they share the same personalities as their parents? How big will our family be? So many questions and so much excitement. These thoughts are constantly on my mind and continue to make excited for the future. But for now, Che and I love each other more than we did the day we were married and we love our life so much...and that makes me happy.
  • Yesterday was Fast Sunday and I bore my testimony for the first time in Sacrament Meeting in probably 7 years. I know, it sounds absolutely awful. I have done it in Relief Society, Young Women's, and other places but it's been so long since I've shared it in Sacrament Meeting. It was such an amazing feeling. As I listened to the other testimonies I started to become so emotional. All of the sudden I had the urge to share. I felt like I was physically lifted up out of my chair and Che didn't even touch me. I knew I needed to go up there and I did. I cried the whole time. I am so happy that I was given the callings that I have. Even though, I can become so overwhelmed at times with everything else going on, I wouldn't ask for anything different. I can't really describe how I felt up there any other way. It was kind of a "Ah ha" moment. The spirit was with me so strong that day...and oh did it make me happy.
  • After booking our trip, I felt like I needed a little change...physically. I've been working on the weight loss part, but I felt like I wanted to change my hair. So I went in to Great Clips where my sister Amy works, and she cut away at my hair. She cut a couple inches off, layered it more, and I even got bangs. I really like it! And you know what else?
I'm Happy

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! All these things make me really happy too! And you are SO not awful for not sharing your testimony in so long. I have never done it in sacrament meeting. A lot of people are in the same boat as me. So you're just fine! Glad you're such a happy camper!

Britney O'Connor said...

I'm glad you're happy too! Especially since we're having a girls weekend in Ashton...and its gonna be a party!

I would def be happy if I were going on a cruise too! Ha.

Love you glisty!

Whittney and Ryan said...

Wow 15 pounds that great Amber, congrats! And your hair looks adorable! So happy your happy!

Morrows said...

15lbs Amber!!! That is awesome! Sounds like you are doing so well! I am jealous of your cruise! Sounds so luxurious! Your hair looks awesome! You are so beautiful, Amber!

Lott's of Love said...

Amber, you are so beautiful! I've always admired how you always have a smile on your face and you always look happy. I'm glad you've found that happiness within you - it can be a real struggle sometimes. Good for you!

Charles Family said...

I am so glad you are happy friend! And can I say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE you with bangs!!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! PS we need to do lunch SOON!!!

Judy said...

You are so stinking cute!!!!! I am so excited that you get to go on that trip....whooo hoooo

Hailey said...

I'm happy you're happy. You deserve it!

AubreyandTerry said...

I love this post! I'm glad you are feeling happy. You have so much to be happy about. Love the new hair!

Kasey said...

Thanks for sharing Amber! I love this post! It definitely brings a smile to my face!! Congrats on the weight loss and the cruise..and being HAPPY!! As you read, I know that feeling. And, I want to thank you for not being upset at my last post. I was afraid to share it because I know so many people going through hard times with it being opposite mine and I wouldn't want you to think I was/am taking my family for granted! It's hard to explain on here, but just..thank you for not being upset with the way I've been feeling with it all! Love you girl!! :D