Monday, July 1, 2013

Sweet Summer Surprises

So far this summer, Che and I haven't been able to do a whole lot together. His schedule has unfortunately not been in our favor. Oh Tayen and I have definitely had our fair share of the outdoors. Lot's of walks, playing on the lawn, and rides in the wagon. But all this and no dad! Well, Che finally had a weekend off and we were so excited to plan something fun with just us. Initially we wanted to go stay the night somewhere or possibly hit Driggs for their Independence Day celebration. But at last second, we changed our idea completely around and planned a whole different day and even a whole new tradition...
 
Saturday June 29 
 
Che started off his day by golfing nine holes with my brother, Aaron. Che just got a new set of clubs and he's really enjoying getting back into golf. Plus his new set is so pretty! I'm so happy that he is going to get use out them too. The reason I know this is because my brother loves to golf and I KNOW will call him for another golfing buddy :)
 
When Che got home, the three of us jumped in the car and headed to Wendy's to pick up some lunch. We took it to Tautphaus Park and enjoyed the beautiful weather while we ate. Tayen loved the park and found a stick that he took with him wherever he went ha ha. The park was so was relaxing that I wasn't sure if I even wanted to leave!
 


 Fry in one hand, pet stick in the other ha ha

After the park, we headed to Tautphaus Park Zoo. We all really loved it and I finally got to see the penguins! Last time I was there, they weren't there so I was so sad! Tayen especially loved the zoo, in particular the monkeys. He pointed and dropped his jaw in amazement as he watched all the animals. As the zoo day went on, I could tell how tired Tayen was because he started to get really quite. He would just stare at the animals without saying a word ha ha. I don't blame him because it was one HOT day! I wanted to just lay out and take a nap like the huge lion!
 



 Penguins!






After the zoo, we jumped in the car and took the beautiful scenic drive to Alpine to snag some fireworks! My family used to go to Alpine every year for fireworks, so we decided to start a tradition this year and do an Alpine trip! I was almost positive Tayen would take a nap, but of course he didn't ha ha. He wasn't too bad, but at one point I had to break out the You Tube on my phone.


 
In Alpine, we picked up some artillery shells and a couple small fireworks and then headed back. I forgot how many fireworks that place has!! We only got a few things and spent $30. I can only imagine the money that is spent in there ha ha. I got a picture of Che with the fireworks, but it was so blurry you couldn't even tell! I took all my pictures with my phone, so I guess one of them had to be a crappy one. As we headed back from Alpine, we stopped in Swan Valley for a square icecream cone. I think we'll make that part of our Alpine adventure every year. Love that icecream! This picture we took was priceless. Tayen decided to sneak a bite while we weren't looking! The weather was so beautiful and we had such an amazing day. I was so grateful to be able to spend the day with my family and then attend church the next day. A wonderful weekend! Love my family :)
 
___________________________________________
 
 
 
Tayen turned 15 months in June and I still can't believe it! He's growing up way to fast!
 
At 15 months Tayen:
 
Is 21 pounds 7 ounces and is 30 in tall.
He has 4 teeth with some on the way.
He loves to run run run!
Outside is his most favorite place to be.
He loves watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and The Hive.
His favorite movie is Toy Story 2.
He eats pretty much anything, but his favorite food is probably pasta.
Tayen's favorite snack is Teddy Grahams or Graham Crackers.
Tayen gives hugs, kisses, and high fives (He doesn't give hugs as much as the others).
He loves being with his Aunts, Uncles, and playing with his cousins.
He loves his grandparents to pieces
He loves sweets like his mom, especially chocolate ;)
He sleeps through the night for the most part. Lately he wakes up atleast once.
He usually has to get his haircut about every 5 to 6 weeks.
Tayen says Dadda, Mamma, and Hi (with a wave).
He loves to watch and dance to Sharky and Bones on Disney Jr. I have to admit, I love that too.
 
 
He's sproutin' up so fast, I don't know what to do!! We love him sooo much and can't imagine life better than this. But life actually DOES get better! And I can't believe how blessed and extremely grateful we are. Come February 2 (but I'm thinking January), we will be expecting a new member of our little family...


 
Tayen, you're going to be a big brother!

4 comments:

Boyd Fam said...

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! CONGRATS!

Unknown said...

Sooooo fun!! I love this post! What a fun weekend and super cute pictures. The stick pictures made me laugh right out loud. That Taytor Tot is just the cutest! :) (And yay for my new niece or nephew!!)

Jarae said...

Congratulations Amber!!!! How exciting for you guys. Love Tayen's big brother shirt!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

How wonderful to get another baby!!! Tayen is growing so much and all boy. So fun.