Friday, September 2, 2011

12 Week Appointment and My New Nephew

Well, turns out I was about 10 days off on my due date ha ha. I'm actually due March 19th not 9th. I am 11 weeks and 4 days instead of 13 weeks. Not really sure how that happened but it's okay! All I care about is that I'm pregnant and so happy!!
 Today I had my 12 week appointment and got to hear the heartbeat! As I lay there, all I can think of is, "please let there be a hearbeat." I got to see it (barely) early in my pregnancy but never hear it, so I was on pins and needles today. It seemed like forever waiting for that heartbeat to come. And soon as that whisping sound arose, I lost it and the tears came. This was the first time I cried (and I'm quite the sensitive, emotional person). I didn't even cry when I found out I was pregnant! After miscarrying in December, it was just hard to except that everything was fine with this pregnancy. But after today, I now have a complete different feeling. I'm so emotionally excited, happy, overwhelmed, and anxious. So many emotions went through me today. And all Che could talk about was what we were going to have a boy or a girl. He really wants to go shopping for some baby lugs ha ha. I can't wait to find out the gender.
So, yes we aren't as far along as we thought, but we couldn't feel more grateful. I have a little person inside me and it has a heartbeat. I can't describe in words how truly blessed we are. My new nephew is so precious and perfect. Just holding him and being around him has made me so excited to be a mom. I feel like I've been waiting for so long to be "Mom" and now it's only months away. I think I might start crying again...but I won't. Instead, I'm going to go to lunch with Mom and Alli, and go help Aaron and Britney move their little Boston home. Best Day Ever!
My new nephew, Boston Charles O'Connor
Born August 30, 2011 at 11:04am
8lb 6oz and 20 3/4 in long
So grateful and blessed to have all of these wonderful things in my life. Boston is so precious and sweet, I love him so much. Congrats to Aaron and Britney on their beautiful arrival. What a beautiful family. Love you guys!

4 comments:

Russ and Kristen said...

Oh, Amber! I'm so happy for you! You are going to be such a wonderful mother (and Che will be a wonderful daddy!) I can't express how happy I am! :)

Miriam said...

So excited and happy for you and che! Happy baby Belly!!!!

Ashley and Dave said...

Sorry...that last message was from me. My mom was signed in on my computer...oops! :) Miss you guys!

Neal and Angie said...

So happy for you Am! You're going to be a GREAT mom!