Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pregnancy Talk

My Pregnancy So Far:

Weeks 6-13: Morning sickness 'til about 2:00pm in the afternoon and if I waited too long too eat. I was super tired and didn't want to go anywhere. One day, I waited to long to eat breakfast and I threw up in the the sink, then the toilet, and then the sink downstairs. I learned a good lesson after that day ha ha.

Favorite Snacks: Premium Saltine Crackers, Honey Wheat Pretzels, Fruit Snacks, wheat toast, string cheese, Fresca, Sprite, Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi, baby carrots, and mashed potatoes. There was actually a point where all I wanted was mashed potatoes, because they always seemed to make me feel better. I had them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! I haven't craved super weird things, but I have craved some things I don't usually get. And the things I get ALL the time (Pork Salads) I NEVER get!

Smells: I haven't struggled too bad with smells, but there are some that really make me sooo sick. I can't walk into Cafe Rio or Costa Vida without wanting to puke. The pork smells make me sick. On top of that BBQ sauce and super greasy fried stuff make me sick. So the fair smells didn't help at all.

I am currently 15 weeks and have not felt any morning sickness in the last two. It feels sooo good to have some of your energy back and not feel sick. I don't have much of an appetite, but I feel really good!! One thing that I've noticed is how seriously crazy I feel sometimes. My brain doesn't function like I want it to. I have a bad memory anyway, but I think it's worse. Today at work I waited for 5 minutes for my co-worker because the door was locked. Ya I forgot I had a key. I'm losin' it people!

We have been a week ahead on all of our OB appointments and today I had my 16 week appointment, even though I'm only 15 weeks. I listened to that wonderful heartbeat once again and I couldn't stop smiling. Everything so far seems to be going just fine! I love being pregnant and am so grateful that it finally happened! Apart from feeling pretty ugly, I love the feeling of pregnancy and can't wait for the rest of our journey!

 My 20 week appointment is scheduled for October 28th and I couldn't be more thrilled! So excited to find out what my little "Spook" is (as my mom says). I love Halloween and 20 weeks lands on Halloween exactly so that is even better! But when I find out the big news, I will be sure to do a very special blog post!! Can't wait to be a mom!

6 comments:

Steph said...

I'm so happy for you, Amber and I'm glad you've been feeling better. The 2nd trimester rocks! It's crazy how certain foods sound sound so good or so totally awful. I can't wait to find out what you're having.

Kasey said...

Oh yeah! I am still so excited for you! I hope things just continue to get better for you! Love you!

Boyd Fam said...

So exciting Amber! I am so happy for you! :) Pregnancy has its weird Qirks :)

Abe n Linz said...

I am glad that your morning sickness only lasted a little while, and it was so manageable! That is awesome.
I'm very excited for you guys. Such an exciting time!!!

Baileys said...

YAY!!! Love to read about how you are doing!!! Hope you continue to feel good :) miss you!!!

Whittney and Ryan said...

LOVE IT! So excited for you!!!